Rio Blanco County currently operates one centrally-located solid waste landfill.
Wray Gulch Landfill:
1496 CR 72, Meeker, Colorado
Located 22 miles west of Meeker on Highway 64.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
8:00 AM TO 4:30 PM
WEDNESDAY THROUGH SATURDAY
8:00 AM TO 4:30 PM
MONDAY THROUGH SATURDAY
The Landfill is closed on Sundays and the following major holidays:
New Year's Day
Any additions or variations will be posted.
CLOSED DURING HIGH WINDS.
Attention Contractors and Commercial Haulers
If you have a business and wish to haul to the landfill on the non-public days you must fill out a credit application and receive approval.
Wray Gulch Landfill Credit Application
Rio Blanco County's Public Facilities Department administers the County's solid waste facilities.
Contact us at:
Rio Blanco County
Public Facilities Department
570 Second Street
Meeker, CO 81641
(970) 878-3396 Fax
ACCEPTABLE SOLID WASTE:
The Landfill accepts all normal municipal solid waste generated by Rio Blanco County residents.
Hazardous waste will not be accepted at any Rio Blanco County Landfill.
Fees are assessed for Special Waste according to the following schedule:
$30.00 per ton for Special Waste generated within Rio Blanco County.
No out-of-county generated waste will be accepted
The Special Waste Protocol, including lab tests, must be followed in order to dispose Special Waste at Rio Blanco County Landfills.
Please fill out the Special Waste Characterization Form and contact the Public Facilities Department for additional information.
Special Waste is defined as non-hazardous waste that meets any of the following criteria:
- Waste containing free liquids (not currently accepted by Rio Blanco County)
- Waste which is sludge or semi-solid (not currently accepted by Rio Blanco County)
- Friable asbestos containing waste (not currently accepted by Rio Blanco County)
- Waste generated by an industrial process
- Waste generated by a pollution control process or facility
- Off-specification, out-dated, or discarded chemical or petroleum products
- Contaminated soil or debris resulting from the cleanup or spill or release of materials listed above