STAGE 2 FIRE RESTRICTIONS
EFFECTIVE FRIDAY AUGUST 3RD 2018
RIO BLANCO COUNTY
Pursuant to Rio Blanco County Resolution 2015-15 the following acts are prohibited in Rio Blanco County.
STAGE TWO RESTRICTIONS:
1. All open fires and campfires are prohibited except petroleum-fueled stoves, lanterns and heating devices that meet the underwriter's specifications for safety are permitted.
2. Smoking is restricted to enclosed vehicles and buildings.
3. All chainsaws and other internal combustion engines, including motorcycles and ATV's, must have spark arresting devices that are properly installed and in working order.
4. Use of explosives is prohibited.
5. Use of welding and cutting torch devices is prohibited.
6 Individual agencies may further restrict commercial activities not included in this plan such as construction, logging or oil and gas operations.
Pursuant to 36 CFR 261.50 (e), the following persons are exempt from this order:
1. Persons with a permit specifically authorizing the prohibited act or omission.
2. Any Federal, State or Local Officer or member of an organized firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
3. Residents owners and lessees of land within the restricted area exempt from no.1, provided such fires are within a residence.
This order becomes effective at 12:01 AM, August 3, 2018 and will remain in force until rescinded.
Done at Meeker, Colorado, this 31st day of July 2018
Violations of these regulations could be punishable as a Class 6 felony 18-13-109(2)(a)
Sheriff Rio Blanco County, Colorado
WHAT IS ALLOWED
• Stoves fuel by liquid petroleum or gas
• Operating or using any internal engine, such as chainsaws and OHV’s, must have a spark arrestor device.
• Safely enjoying your public lands
WHAT IS NOT ALLOWED
• No fires of any type, including charcoal.
• No fire pans and or fires in rock campfire rings
• The personal use of ALL fireworks are prohibited during fire restrictions.
• No smoking except within an enclosed vehicle or building.
• No welding or acetylene/other torch..
It is the mission of the Rio Blanco County Sheriff's Office to safeguard the lives and property of the people of Rio Blanco, while working in partnership with our citizens to improve their quality of life.
Our commitment is to do so with:
Integrity, Honor, and Respect with an attitude of Service to maintain public confidence.
Rio Blanco County Sheriff's Office Policy and Procedure Manual
|KEEP UP TO DATE WITH WITH RIO BLANCO COUNTY BY DOWNLOADING OUR FREE RIO BLANCO COUNTY APP.|
|Keep up to date with all the news, updates, and community/county events through Rio Blanco County’s Free App. Search “Rio Blanco County Sheriff” in your app store or below is a QR Code.|
|Download the free app today and get push notifications of alerts and happenings throughout Rio Blanco County.|