The mission of the Rio Blanco County Economic Development Department is to diversify and sustain our economy by partnering with public and private entities. This will be accomplished by building a business friendly environment, elevating the quality of life, leveraging competitive advantages to retain, grow and recruit business while cultivating and enhancing business opportunities throughout Rio Blanco County.
- Community Plans & Strategies
- Demographic & Community Info
- ED in the News...
- Community Updates
Rio Blanco County Economic Development Strategy (2015)
- 2013 Economy Overview - EMSI Report (PDF)
- Colorado Enterprise Zone (EZ) Program Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Measurement of Economic Activity for Coal Industry and Electrical Power Generation Industry (PDF)
- Meeker Community Survey - 2005 (PDF)
- Meeker Sales Tax Leakage (2012) Report Part 1 (PDF)
- Meeker Sales Tax Leakage (2012) Report Part 2 (PDF)
- Meeker SWOT Analysis 2012 (PDF)
- Rangely SWOT Analysis 2014 (PDF)
- Rio Blanco County Profile (PDF)
- Sales, Use, and Lodging Tax Numbers 2008-2013 (PDF)
- Stats America Profile (PDF)
- Yampa-White River USDA Stronger Economies Together (SET) Plan 2014 (PDF)
- Youreconomy.org - Establishments (PDF)
- Youreconomy.org - Jobs (PDF)
- Youreconomy.org - Sales (PDF)
- Colorado Tourism Office Presentation on Available Resources for Tourism Promotion
- Building Rural Colorado's Adventure Tourism Market Presentation by Adventure Travel Trade Association
- Adventure Travel Trade Association Community Builder Workshop Presentation
"Call Yourself Creative" website: http://www.callyourselfcreative.org/
Colorado Creative Industries website: http://coloradocreativeindustries.org/
- Rio Blanco County Creative Industry Report: "Snapshot of the Arts"
- Northwest CO regional Creative Industry Report: "Snapshot of the Arts"
Economic Development in the News...
- Press Release Enterprise Zone Designation
- Cook Mentioned in Governor's Address
- 2017 State of the State Address _ The Official Site of Governor Hickenlooper
- Governor to Create a Broadband Office
- Rio Blanco County Stays Relevant With Broadband
- Letter to the Editor: Cameo Shooting Center will help, not hurt, Meeker Center
- Proposed Outdoor Adventure Center would be one-of-a-kind 'destination attraction'
Building a Prosperous Rio Blanco County
- Building a Prosperous Rio Blanco County: Part I - Overview
- Building a Prosperous Rio Blanco County: Part II - Attracting Businesses and Employers
- Building a Prosperous Rio Blanco County: Part III - Retaining Business
- Building a Prosperous Rio Blanco County: Part IV - Tourism
- Building a Prosperous Rio Blanco County: Part V - Government Role
Meeker Community Open House - November 2, 2016
A community open house was held to provide updates to the public regarding all this economic development related in Meeker. Below are a few handouts from the event.
- Business Attraction
- Business Retention
- Center for Outdoor Adventure
- Meeker Tourism Strategies
- Tax Increment Financing
- Urban Renewal Authority
- Bureau of Land Management
- Economic Development
- Rangely Area Chamber of Commerce
- Town of Rangely
Certified Local Governments Workshop - April 6, 2017
The Certified Local Government (CLG) Program seeks to encourage and expand local involvement in historic preservation activities through a partnership between local governments and the State Historic Preservation Office, and the National Park Service.